Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Judges Say Yay

When I posted about QuiltCon the other day, it didn't even dawn on me that Yay or Nay would be returning home with judges' notes, otherwise I would have waited to share. But the quilt and the notes arrived today, and I thought you might enjoy seeing what the judges had to say.


I think what gave me the most satisfaction was the 'offset X blocks accentuate focal point' comment, as that's exactly the part that gave me pause and led to the quilt's name. On Instagram, with the photo below, I asked, "Xs need sewn and trimmed obviously, but yay or nay?"


I still say Yay and am glad the judges did too. Note to self to keep trusting my instinct. You too, OK?

6 comments:

  1. Great to get the judges notes when taking part in a competition. A shame that it's not always the case ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on having your quilt in QuiltCon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like getting a report card. So nice that the judges included their remarks. Great inspiration to go forward with your future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so encouraging! glad the judges appreciated your thought process (without even knowing it, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so wonderful to see the actual quilts in person at QuiltCon that I've seen on line and Yay or Nay was certainly the case. Very nice comments, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting your quilt into QuiltCon. It is nice to get judges' comments, and these are especially positive. I love the idea and the title really works.

    ReplyDelete